Web Changes & Practice news
This is where we’ll announce the most recent additions to our web site. If you’ve visited us before and want to know what’s changed, take a look here first.
REQUEST for your email address….if you have not already provided us with your email address, please do so as it enables us to inform you very quickly about important changes to our services and health activities beneficial to you. Please click here to send your details
Early warning: JULY 20th between about 1300 and 1600 all practice staff and doctors will be having an important practice meeting. We don’t have these very often but unfortunately there comes a time and a need! Emergency arrangements have been made for emergency cover through South East Health and our switchboard at Goodwood Court will be “manned”. However doors will be locked at Eaton. Access at Goodwood will be limited to patients seeing the Dentist and Chiropodist.Please make a note for your diary.
June 2010 Sorry for the long break between news items… very busy! Just to catch up:
- Dr Williamson retired at the end of March 2010 – we wish him well
- Instead of registering patients with specific doctors we have now taken advice from the NHS and will register all patients with the Practice rather than with a specific doctor – however patients are encouraged to try and stay with one doctor for a particular problem to aid continuity of care
- We have appointed Louise Bolingbroke to work as a phlebotomist with the practice – if you need bloods taken, then you will probably be booked in with her for your samples to be taken. Louise works at The Eaton Centre on Monday and Friday mornings.
- Healthy Weight – a counselling service for weight management now use The Eaton Centre for counselling on Thursdays
- We have been joined by a number of sessional doctors in recent weeks: Dr Reggie Sangha (female) works at Goodwood Court on Wednesdays; Dr Mari Jones works at Eaton on Wednesdays; Dr Greg Wang works at Eaton on Mondays; Dr Alison Corney works at Eaton on Mondays and Goodwood on Tuesdays and Fridays (although will not be working during July and August) and Dr Sarah Watson will be working at Goodwood on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- From 1st July our midwives will be working at the Eaton Centre on Mondays as well as at Goodwood on Thursdays.
- The new grass seed is finally beginning to grow at Eaton!
- Our patient toilet at Goodwood has now been redesigned and updated.
September 2009 Owing to the likely increase in workload this Autumn with both vaccinating against Swine Flu and dealing with the likely increase in swine flu cases, we have had to rationalise our workload. From now on, travel vaccines will be restricted to one clinic a week (Friday evening) and we will be having a baby immunisation clinic on a Tuesday morning.
August 2009 We are pleased to annouce that Dr Katy Preuveneers has safely delivered of a baby girl – Saffron. Our congratulations to her and her husband
April 2009 Dr Helen Kimble and Dr Rachel Duncan have joined us as long term locum doctors – Rachel will be working Monday Tuesday and Wednesday mornings instead of Dr Higson, Helen will be working on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Both will usually work at Goodwood Court
February 22nd 2009 We are pleased to welcome another doctor to our practice – Dr Elizabeth Fell. Dr Fell will be working mainly from the Eaton Centre
January 1st 2009 – Happy New Year. An Osteopath will be practising from Goodwood Court from Monday 5th January – more details will be available on line through “services” in due course.
We have now appointed an additional receptionist – Debbie – who, once trained, will allow The Eaton Centre to open in the afternoons Monday to Thursday … probably from early February 2009.
We are now advertising for a further medical practitioner to work from The Eaton Centre – more news when we have found someone. Advert will be in the British Medical Journal in a couple of weeks.
We hope to start Saturday morning opening at Goodwood Court for a trial period during January.
We have decided to work hard on High Blood pressure this year…. expect to have it taken!! We aim for 140/80 or less.
November 30th – The practice will be closed on the Bank Holidays at Christmas and The New Year
September 24th – DATES and TIMES of influenza vaccination clinics added.
September 12th – Congratulations to Dr Helen Kimble, and her husband Adam, on the birth of their first daughter GRACE…. all healthy
August 31st – Newsletter added to 2008 newsletter. Request for patient data added. Practice information sheet updated. Structure improved to allow easier access to Feedback data.
August 24th – graphical analysis of the patient experience feedback uploaded to website
August 16th – adequate patient experience questionnaires returned – analysis begins. Please see the Feedback section for our replies to comments made and (very soon) the analysis results
August 16th – Frequently asked question section added to website
August 2008 – new web site created and published
August 11th – Dr Katy Preuveneers joins our team as a long-term locum
July 2008 – Patient feedback form created
July 2008 – Dr Kimble leaves our employment as her baby is due soon
May 2008 – a health project to help you get fit and healthy! See our page on REVITALISE
April 2008 – practice achieves one of the highest QoF (quality and outcomes framework) scores in the locality for the four year running